- I am a PhD student in Computer Science at the Weizmann Institute of Science . I am extremely fortunate to be advised by Guy Rothblum.
- My research focuses on issues of fairness and non-discrimination in machine learning. More broadly, I am interested in the interaction between algorithmic decision making and questions of transparency, interpretability and accountability.
- During my PhD I had the opportunity to work with Cynthia Dwork as a research intern at Microsoft Research (Silicon Valley, 2019) and with Amir Globerson as a research intern at Google Research (Tel Aviv, 2021). I am also generously supported by a Google PhD fellowship.
- I periodically blog about general machine learning topics at Medium
- MSc in Computer Science, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Machine learning at Cellebrite
- BSc in Mathematics and Economics, Hebrew University
contact: gal.yona at gmail.com